quarta-feira, 21 de dezembro de 2011

Lana del Rey








Nothing is more vibrating and educative as the feeling of a New Year coming up. Since I am 13, I am used to spend my December thinking about the goals I've reached so far in the current year and how I could be better in the following one. I use my past goals to improve my new challenges. It is interesting to think in questions whose people use to avoid, such as, how can I be happier? How can I improve as a son, student, friend and citizen? What have I done wrong? I know, most of us face problems when they appear; enjoy each day without concrete objectives in mind to avoid frustration.

Unfortunately I’m not one of these who leave my life to the mercy's hands of causality or cosmic flow. I have the intense need to act upon things, turning the wind according to my ambitious. I act emotional towards my challenges because it changes everything I’ve been planning to achieve. I suffer, cry, and crawl when I cannot be heard or seen because everything matters to me. And let me tell you something, I feel myself so happy being this way. This morning I was called awkward for a pal because I was writing my new goals. That’s the reason I decided to write in favor of these awkward like me and this great singer who has been criticized by the same motives.

I decided to write about one of the biggest awkwardness of this year, Lana de Rey. Everybody can feel…there is something special about this charming lady. I see her growing in every try and now she is becoming a phenomenon. I always thought she was awkward, but this made me even more interested in knowing her next steps. Her lyrics are powerful melted in her unique voice. She gives me chills in the curse of her songs and I still didn’t understand why.

Her second album was not released yet. Nevertheless we recommend her famous EP, Video Games, and some introductory songs released in an album self-entitled. I don’t understand why she didn’t follow the work of her first release. There are many precious things in the material. Try to understand her; listen it "in silence" or it will be hard to enjoy it.

One of my favorite artists, Diane Arbus, when reflecting on comments about her awkwardness answered: “I work from awkwardness. By that I mean I don't like to arrange things. If I stand in front of something, instead of arranging it, I arrange myself.” Lesson learned! You will hear a lot about this awkward superb girl.




Video Games EP




Lana del Rey



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário